Sunday, December 4, 2011

When Baby's Awake...

It's been happening for a few nights now... My 9 month old wakes up when we go to bed and doesn't want to go back to sleep, so I end up driving around hoping that the ride will get her to sleep, and it works quite nicely. If it happens on Tuesday nights, I usually get to pick up a few extra papers to help with my couponing (I figure if by then the owners haven't picked up their newspapers (the coupon/ads edition) they probably won't).
Today was one of those nights. But, since there were no papers, I decided to head to CVS and Walgreens to catch up on their sales before midnight, when the new sales begin.

At CVS I was able to get a raincheck for 30 Dawn detergents (they were out, and this gives me plenty of time to buy some high value coupons-I'm thinking 50 cents off one, and bring down the price from 88 cents on sale to 38 cents a bottle). That will make for some serious savings. I also bought a "Lysol No Touch Soap Dispenser" for about $2.60 with tax (used my EB and received another 5 EB).


Walgreens also ran out of the gums (the deal I was looking for in the first place). I got rainchecks as well, and I will try to find some coupons for those. The 15 pack was on sale for 69 cents and the 60 pieces were 2 for $5(regular on those is $4.29 each). I was able to grab the Mission Foot Care lotion for FREE (on sale for $5.99, get $5.99 RR) just a few minutes before midnight and left happy of the deal I got.

On the way out I ran into a fellow couponer. Now this lady was an EXTREME couponer. I don't know how much she saved, but I think she was EXTREME because she actually told *read "yelled at"* her son to be quiet so she can focus on making the most of her coupons. I gave her a coupon for a "Buy one get one FREE" for Schick disposable razors, which makes for a great deal this week (I will have a post about that later) and she was very grateful! I don't know about her kids though, they were ready to go home, when I handed her the coupon and made her go right back in!LOL :)

Later on...
Why I love RAINCHECKS
and
Walgreens Deal on Schick (Razors, Disposables and Refills)

No comments:

Post a Comment